What is Java used for?
Java has been used in various fields. Some of them are listed under:
- Android: Applications are either written in Java or use Java API.
- Retail: Billing software’s that are used in store/restaurant are completely written in Java.
- Banking: To deal with transaction management.
- Information Technology: Java is designed to solve implementation dependencies.
- Financial Services: It’s used in server-side applications.
- Stock Market: To write Algorithms as to which company they should invest in.
- Big Data: Hadoop MapReduce framework is written using Java.
- Scientific and Research Community: To deal with huge amount of data.
Java is mainly used in:
- Web Development
- Continuous Testing
- Big data
- Concurrent where you can execute many statements instead of single one.
- Independent programming language that follows the logic of “write once, Run anywhere”.
- Class-based and an object-oriented programming language.