Facility manager’s scope and responsibilities.
Facility management Definition
Facility management or FM is a systematic settled rules or profession, which deals and encompasses different disciplines of work and departments to ensure the functionality, safety, satisfaction, comfort, and efficiency, of any built environment, an organization to achieve the goal by integrating the labor, staff, technology, working place and all processes work from top to bottom.
Facility Management’s Scope
This is the fastest-growing sector of the industry. It handles and covers the multi-type of discipline and process to titan the company goal and tasks with the help of people( HR), place and processes by integrating them on one motive.
Facilities management big responsibility to an environment with the insurance of satisfaction, pleasure, easiness, safety, comfort, efficiency, and better technology to its three main elements( people, place, and process) to complete the given task within the time and empower them to do work freely.
Facilities management scope not only covers the monetary business. It is vast in its range and can be adopted in any field of life and in the environment.
Management Deals within the organization with the following two aspects:
There are two types of Management operations which are ‘Strategic’ and ‘Tactical’ management. Strategic includes consultancy of designers, accountants, and cashiers, etc. Tactical management includes managing agents, engineers, catering, security, and I.S management, etc.
Operational management deals with the implementation of Contractors, artisans and industrial workers and staffs.
Facilities management cover all the above disciplines department to achieve the organization goal with core power and value of organizations.
Facility Manager Responsibility towards the Staff:
A manager is a responsible person who owns power and authority over a group of people of staff in the business, overseas them to do work together to attain the goal of the business effectively and efficiently.
- A good and responsible facilities manager should have the following most and basic responsibility towards the organization or industry staff:
- It is the responsibility of a facility manager to maintaining the process of the company by inspection, repairing equipment, cleaning, making the commission tasks for the workforce or staff.
- It is his/her responsibility to keep together the staff of the company by providing them a free and friendly environment to achieve the goal.
- A facility manager’s responsibility to have direct communication with the staff of the business to get aware of their problems and provide a facility to solve them.
- He has a responsibility to keep the environment safe, secure, healthy and clean for the staff to protect them.
- Several inspections of the business and its equipment, also included in the Facility manager’s duty to provide a fearless work atmosphere to its staff.
- It is his/her duty to keep in touch with every single person or worker in the business and keep eliminating the obstacles in communication among them for the free and freedom of the staff.
- He/shes has the responsibility to maintain that, every worker is on his/her right post and according to his/her ability.
- It is his/her responsibility to keep do training of the company staff to operate new technology and keep updating their work skills by holding workshops and sending them abroad for better performance and business success.
- It is the responsibility of the facility manager to make the relative schedule work time with leisure time too. because this is very important for their mentally and physically healthy.
- Providing insurance and commission also the responsibility of the facility manager to keep motivate and fearless about the future.
- A medical check-up is also included in the duty or responsibility of the facility manager towards the company staff because without a good healthy workforce, a business can not grow and get its goal.
This is concluded that a facility manager and management is vast and one of the crucial element of any business success and failure and in the achievement of the goal. A manager has a big responsibility on his/her shoulders to keep maintain his/her job duty and to provide a healthy, friendly and effective working environment with efficiency.
Facilities Manager Job Description. (2015, 4 9). The Telegraph:
What is Facility Management? (n.d.). IFMA