The Excel Add-Ins works similarly as the plugin with only a few changes is seen. The Add-Ins is an important part of Microsoft Excel as it comes with lots of features and commands. Here you can check how to add and remove Add-Ins in Excel.
The Add-Ins offers optional commands and wonderful features in MS Excel. Few of the Add-Ins are not available in Excel, you need to install them first and activate these add-ins to use them.
Excel Add-Ins: In Excel, you will find Solver Add-Ins, Euro Currency tools, Analysis ToolPak, and other add-ins available in Excel. You only have to choose these add-ins to use them.
Custom Add-Ins: Many developers designed customized COM Add-ins which is known as Component Object Model. These custom Add-Ins consists of automation add-ins, VBA add-ins, and XLL Add-ins that are to be installed so that you can use them.
Downloadable Add-Ins: This add-in is to be downloaded and installed from MS Office.
After you have installed or activated the add-in then its commands are available at different locations.
- Analysis ToolPak and Solver Add-Ins are available in the Analysis group after you have installed and activated these add-ins.
- The Euro Conversion and Euro Formatting commands are available in Solutions group after you have installed and activated the Euro Currency tools.
- Other add-ins are available in the Add-Ins tabs which are there in the ribbon. If you did not find it then you need to restart the Excel again.
How to activate Add-Ins in Excel?
To install and activate the Excel Add-Ins you need to follow these steps,
- Go to the file tab.
- Click on the Options tab
- Go to the Add-Ins category.
- Look for the Manage box.
- Click on the Excel Add-Ins options.
- You can also choose other add-ins if you want.
- Then click on Go icon.
- It will take you to the Add-Ins box.
- Make the selection in the checkbox whichever you want.
- Click on Ok icon.
- If you do not find the add-in that you want, you need to install it.
How to install Excel Add-Ins?
To install add-ins like Solver, Analysis ToolPak, you need to run and set up the program in Excel or Microsoft Office.
- Choose the Change option to install the add-in.
- Restart Excel and you will find add-in in the add-ins available box.
- Few of the add-ins require installation package. You need to download the package and then run it.
- Few add-ins are not available on your desktop. You need to download it and installed via a web browser.
How to inactivate Excel Add-Ins?
- Go to the file tab.
- Go to the options icon.
- Click on the Add-Ins category.
- In the Manage box, click on the Excel Add-Ins option.
- Press the Go icon.
- In the Add-Ins box, clear the checkbox that you don’t want.
- Click on OK
How to remove Excel Add-Ins?
Go to the File tab.
Click on Exit option.
Go to the control panel, click on Programs and Features option.
Click on Add/remove programs.
You need to perform any of the options out of these:
- If you have installed Excel as a part of Microsoft Office, then click on the office from the list of the installed programs and then click on change buttons.
- If you have installed Excel individually, then click on the program name and then click the Change button.
- If you have downloaded it from the download center then click on the program name from the installed programs and then click on Uninstall button.