Third form of verb is used as a past participle. It is used as verbal adjective.
Look at these sentences.
- The stolen watch has been found.
- Where are our hidden enemies?
- A wounded thief was arrested.
- A withered flower gives no smell.
- Appointment letters will be issued to the selected candidates.
- Walking on the road we were tired.
- Some candidates have been failed in the written test.
- These flowers are withered.
- He was frightened.
- We were not invited.
- An uninvited guest is not welcomed.
- We should use boiled milk.
- I am looking for my lost documents.
- He has booked a well furnished apartment.
- We all are vaccinated.
- This room is well decorated.
- This is prohibited area.
- Fallen trees will be auctioned.
It is used in place of present participle when second action starts soon after the first one and its subject remains the same. It is used when there is a break between two actions. It is used when the first action covers a period of time.
- Look These Sentences.
- Having reached the station we bought tickets.
- Having failed for many times,she did not want to take the examination.
- Having taken tea we went out.
- Having rested we felt relief.
- Having been arrested they were imprisoned.
- Having been accepted the bail he was released.
- Seeing the police man he ran away.
- Seeing a lion she began to cry.
- Having been encouraged by his teachers, he began to work hard.
- Having heard the news of her failure, she began to weep.
- Having heard the news of her success,she began to dance.