WordPress Tutorials: WordPress Posts:
In this lesson, we will learn about how to add a post in WordPress. Posts are commonly known as articles and also they have known blogs or blog posts.
The following steps will show you how to add a post in WordPress.
Step-1: Click on Posts → Add New in WordPress.
Step-2: The page will open. You can use the WordPress WYSIWYG editor to add the actual content of your post.
This page contains:
- Post Title: Enter the title of the post, i.e., Post1.
- Post Content: Enter the content of your post.
Step-3: Click the Publish button to publish your post.
A few other options are also present in the publish box. These are:
- Save Draft: It saves the post as a draft.
- Preview: You can preview your post before publishing.
- Move to Trash: Deletes the post.
- Status: Change the status of your post to Published, Pending, or Reviewer Draft.
- Visibility: Change the visibility of the post to Public, Private or Password Protected.
- Published: Change the published post date and time.