In this lesson, we will study about Widget Management. Widgets are small blocks that perform specific functions. These give design and structure control to the WordPress theme. Some specific features of widgets are:
- They help you add content and features.
- They can be easily dragged and dropped in the widget area.
- They vary from theme to theme. They are not the same for every theme.
Step-1: Click on Appearance → Widgets.
Step-2: The following page will open.
The following options will be available on this page:
- Available Widgets: You can use these to add to your footer.
- Inactive Widgets: Drag widget here to remove it from the sidebar but keep its settings or press the clear inactive widget to delete it.
- Footer: Drag any widget here to add in this box. Any widget you add here will appear on your site’s footer.
- Manage in the live preview: Takes you back to the customization page where you can manage the widgets with the live preview.