WordPress Tutorials: WordPress Setting
WordPress General Settings
Now it’s time to study the general settings of WordPress. This setting is used to set the basic configuration settings for your site.
The steps to access the General Settings are as follows:
Step-1: Click on Settings → General option in WordPress.
Step-2: The General Setting page is displayed.
The following are the details of the fields given on the General Setting page.
- Site Title − Displays the name of the site in the template header.
- Tagline − Displays a short sentence about your site.
- WordPress Address (URL) − It’s the URL of WordPress directory where your all core application files are present.
- Site Address(URL) − Enter the site URL which you want your site to display on the browser.
- E-mail Address − Enter your e-mail address which helps to recover your password or any update.
- Membership − Anyone can register an account on your site after you check this checkbox.
- New User Default Role − The default role is set for the newly registered user or members.
- Timezone − Sets the time zone based on a particular city.
- Date Format − Sets the date format as you need to display on the site.
- Time Format − Sets the time format as you need to display on the site.
- Week Starts On − Select the weekday which you prefer to start for WordPress calendar. By default, it is set as Monday.
- Site Language − Sets the language for the WordPress dashboard.
Step-3: Press save changes button to save all of your settings, after filling your pieces of information. It saves your General settings.