WordPress Tutorials: WordPress-Edit Media
It’s time to learn about editing WordPress media. You can manage all the information about your media that is saved in the Media Library.
The following steps will show you how to do this.
Step-1: Click on Media → Library and click on the name of the media item or the edit link.
Step-2: You will view the list of the media files that you have uploaded. Select anyone that you want to edit.
Step-3: The edit media page will open the right side of the page
- URL: You can read only a link from the media file.
- Title: This displays the name of the media. The title is often shown in galleries and attachment pages if themes or plugins are designed to display it.
- Permalink: Permalink is the URL of the media attachment page. This is also a link to view the attachment page.
- Edit image button: This allows you to edit the image position, such as rotate counter-clockwise, rotate clockwise, scale, crop, flip vertically, and flip horizontally.
- Caption: A brief explanation of the media.
- Alternate Text: The alt text for the image, which is used to describe media. Used for availability.
- Description: An explanation of your media file.
- Delete Permanently: Delete your media file permanently.
Step-4: Click on the Update button to save the changes made to an image once you complete editing the required fields.