WordPress Tutorials: WordPress-Edit Users
In this chapter, we will learn about the editing of users in WordPress.
The following are the simple steps to Edit Users in WordPress.
Step-1: Click on Users → All Users.
Step-2: The list of users will open.
There will be two options in the toolbar. These are:
- Administrator: List of administrators will be displayed.
- Subscriber: List of subscribers will be displayed.
When we click on the change role to… box, the following options will appear:
- Subscriber: A person who can only manage his profile.
- Contributor: A person who can write and supervise own posts, but cannot publish them.
- Author: A person who can publish and manage his own posts.
- Editor: A person who can publish and manage posts, including the posts of other users.
- Administrator: A person who has access to all the administration features within a single website.
Select the role of the user and then press the change button to add the role of the user.
Step-3: Click on users → All Users.
Step-4: The users page will open. Select the user whom you want to edit. Press the edit button. The Eidt page will open.
Here you can edit or modify all the fields as per your need and click on Update User to save the changes.