Table of Contents
WordPress Tutorials: WordPress-Installation:
System Requirements For WordPress
- Database − MySQL 5.0 +
- Web Server −
- WAMP (Windows)
- LAMP (Linux)
- XAMP (Multi-platform)
- MAMP (Macintosh)
- Operating System − Cross-platform
- Browser Support − IE (Internet Explorer 8+), Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera
- PHP Compatibility − PHP 5.2+
The very easy way to download WordPress is to go to the link: https://wordpress.org/download/.After clicking on this link, you will directly go to the WordPress download page. The page will be like this:
Create Store Data-Base
- WordPress software requires a MySQL database. So, first create a new empty database with user/password [e.g, user as “root” and password as “root” or anyone that will be convenient for you].
- Then, you can continue with the installation process as discussed further.
It is very easy to download WordPress locally on your system. The steps given below will describe you clearly.
STEP-1: First of all, extract the WordPress folder that you have downloaded and upload it into your localhost or web server.
STEP-2: Then open your browser and navigate to your WordPress file path, then you will see the very first screen of WordPress installer. The path of your WordPress will be like this: [localhost/<your_wordpress_folder>]. The screen will be like this:
Select your convenient language and then press continue.
Step-3: Now you will see a page on which the information needed for the database before proceeding with WordPress installation is given.
Click on Let’s go.
STEP-4: Here, you have to enter the information about the MySQL database as described in the given figure.
- Database Name: Enter the database name that you have created in the MySQL database for WordPress.
- Username: Enter the user name of your MySQL database.
- Password: Enter the password that you had set for the MySQL database.
- Database Host: Write the hostname, by default it will be localhost.
- Table Prefix: It is used to add a prefix in the database tables which helps to run multiple sites on the same database. It takes the default value.
After filling this information, click Submit.
Step-5: Then WordPress checks the settings of the database and a confirmation screen pop-up, as shown.
Click on Run-Install.
Step-6: Enter Administrative Information.
- Site Title − Enter the name of the site that you are going to create in WordPress.
- Username − Enter the username as per your choice while logging in the WordPress.
- Password twice − Enter the password twice to protect your site.
- Your E-mail − Enter your e-mail address that helps to recover the password or any update.
- Privacy − It allows the search engine to index this site after checking the checkbox.
After filling this information, click on Install WordPress.
Step-7: After WordPress successfully installs, the following screen will appear.
You can view your username and password detail added to WordPress.
Then click Log In.
Step-8: After clicking Log-In, a screen will appear containing the WordPress Admin Panel.
Enter the username and password which you had mentioned during installation as shown in step 6 and click on the login button.