WordPress Tutorials: WordPress-Permalink Settings
Here we will study the Permalink Settings of WordPress. Permalink is a permanent link to a particular blog post or category. It allows setting the default permalink structure. These settings are used to add permalinks to your posts in WordPress.
The steps to access the Permalink Settings are as follows:
Step-1: Click on Settings → Permalinks option in WordPress.
Step-2: The Permalink Settings page is displayed.
The following are the details of the fields given on the Permalink Setting page.
- Common settings: Check any of the radio buttons to choose your permalink structure for your blogs
- Default: This sets the default URL structure in WordPress.
- Day and name: This sets the URL structure according to the date and name in your posts.
- Month and name: This sets the URL structure according to the month and name in your post.
- Numeric: This sets numbers in the URL structure in your post.
- Post name: This sets the post name in the URL structure in your post.
- Custom Structure: This sets the URL structure of your choice by writing the desired name in the given text box.
- Optional: These are optional. You can add a custom structure for the main category or tag URL. If your text box is empty then default settings are used. Here you have two options.
- Category Base: Add a custom prefix for your category URL.
- Tag Base: Add a custom prefix to your Tags URL.
Step-3: Press the Save Changes button to save your settings after you have completed all of this information.